Horizon Care and Education have an opportunity for a children's Residential Care Worker to join our fantastic team.
Up to £300 per month extra payment for Waking nights unsociable hours payment*
A full UK driving licence is needed for this role
Horizon Care and Education have an opportunity for a Children's Residential Support Worker to join our team.
Bright Futures, Inspired By You.
At Horizon, we believe that each young person is unique and should be enabled to feel confident about their future, no matter what they have been through in life.
There's nothing more rewarding than helping someone believe in themselves, have the confidence to celebrate their own uniqueness and achieve success that is personal to them.
How you'll be rewarded:
- Real Living Wage employer
- Competitive pay rates
- Christmas bonus
- Blue Light Card
- Colleague referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £2500 per referral! *
- Financial wellbeing service
- Life Assurance
- Option to buy and sell up to 5 days annual leave.
- Tastecard - spectacular savings on dining, pizza, cinema tickets, supermarkets, and UK attractions!
- Opportunity to progress in your career through our Education Academy, and ongoing training and professional development.
- Comprehensive and tailored induction programme including face-to-face training, online modules, shadowing, and local induction period.
- Face-to-face therapeutic training and support for all colleagues via our SHINE programme.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all colleagues on a variety of topics
- Employee assistance programme - free, confidential support.
- Community and wellbeing - Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need to feel good about what you do. We're in this together.
- Supportive management and senior leaders.
- High quality CPD opportunities.
- Free eye checks.
About the role:
As a Residential Support Worker, you will support young people in the many different aspects of daily life within our homes including:
- Helping young people continue with hobbies, social activities, and friendships, and learn new skills.
- Providing support with morning routines such as getting ready for school and making sure they have a good breakfast.
- Preparing evening meals and ensuring the young person has a safe space to relax and unwind within the home.
- Supporting young people to reach their potential and experience new opportunities.
If you're passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and enabling them to shape their own future, then we want you to be part of our team.