Residential Child Care Workers – 35 hours per week
Residential Child Care Workers 35 hours per week required for our Residential homes based in Cannock, Dudley & Staffordshire.
Salaries start from £8.21 per hour
35 hours per week
Horizon care and Education Group is one of the most innovative providers of young people’s residential care in the UK. We care for vulnerable young people with complex needs, who can be behaviourally challenging.
We are looking for members of staff to join our “teams around the child”. If you want to make a difference, have a calm approach and thrive on working as part of a small team then we would like to hear from you.
Due to expansion we are looking for members of staff to work full time 35 hours per week or on a part time basis and that would like to make a difference in young people’s lives that are willing to work towards a recognized qualification, QCF level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce. Realistic career progression and opportunities within the company.
Why work for us?
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young people’s residential care and education in the UK.
Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and schools and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas as well as continuing to support young people in our established services.
Our staff come from all backgrounds and often have experience and skills gained in a variety of different roles and environments.
Here are just some of the benefits of working for us:
- Friendly, small passionate teams
- Pleasant, supportive working environments
- Rewarding work helping our young people aged 8-18 reach their potential in their daily lives and through their learning
- Competitive salary including opportunities to earn enhancements and pick up additional hours
- Flexible working patterns
- Highly rated, structured 2-week induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period
- Career advancement pathways for all roles to help you reach your personal best – whether in our homes, schools or our Key2 transitional services
- Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded QCF Level 3 for staff in our homes, first aid and IOSSH qualifications and support to become a HLTA, Instructor or a qualified teacher in our schools
- Face to face therapeutic training and support for all staff
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
- Free eye checks
- Free parking
- Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
- Staff referral scheme with cash rewards – earn up to £500 per referral
- Cashback healthcare plan
- Pension scheme
- Annual Employee Awards Evening and employee recognition schemes
Learn more about us and apply for our vacancies here, email Recruitment@horizoncare.co.uk or call the office on 01543 570304.
Be over the age of 21
Ideally hold a full UK driving Licence
Be available to work full or part time on a rolling rota basis.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure and provide satisfactory references. Disclosure expense will be met by employer. In return we offer you good rates of pay and the opportunity to develop your career with a growing organisation. You can apply on line or request an application from Recruitment@horizoncare.co.uk
Horizon Care and Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and has an expectation that all staff share this commitment.