Full Time Pastoral Lead required for Draycott Moor College
We wish to appoint a Pastoral Lead for our School in Staffordshire. Our school is a Key stage 3 and 4 independent school for pupils with emotional, social, challenging behavior and complex needs.
Horizon’s approach focuses on positive behavior change and successful behavior management; all underpinned by outcome based measurement; delivered by professionally supported staff trained to understand the psychological reasons for a young person’s behavior and implement life changing interventions.
Job Purpose: To support the management of the pastoral/welfare requirements of Draycott strategically and operationally. This role is key to ensuring the Draycott ethos and standards are delivered. The successful applicant will report to the Head Teacher and will receive full support and guidance in developing the role. Working at our schools will require a flexible and dynamic team player who is committed to enabling pupils to succeed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead teaching and learning sessions covering Enterprise Learning, Healthy Living and related courses as agreed with the Head Teacher.
- Work with the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher to safeguard and promote the physical and emotional well-being of the pupils and staff within the organisation.
- Promote the educational welfare of each pupil within the organisation and encourage positive behavior.
- Maintain high standards of childcare and assessments.
- Assist the Head Teacher in the day-to-day Safeguarding and Health & Safety of pupils and staff.
- Work in conjunction with the team to lead for all Behavior for Learning strategies.
- Supporting the Head Teacher in general day to day management of behavior.
- Implement and oversee pupil mentoring
Horizon Care and Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and has an expectation that all staff share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be met by the employer. Please visit www.horizoncare.co.uk
Closing Date 25th January 2019