Independent Children’s home Inspector
Children’s Home independent Inspector
Part Time: 3.5 days per week
Travel will be required for the role (Manchester / West Yorkshire)
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young people’s residential care and education in the UK.
Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and schools and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas as well as continuing to support young people in our established services.
Our staff come from all backgrounds and often have experience and skills gained in a variety of different roles and environments.
We require an experienced Children’s Home independent Inspector
- To ensure each home is inspected (in accordance with current legislation and regulation) at least once per month.
- With consent, interview in private, children, parents, relatives and persons working at the
- Inspect the premises of the home and records including children’s case records (with appropriate permissions).
- To develop a culture of continual quality improvement based on the Horizon Care and Education Group’s values and philosophy.
- Ensure a full report is produced to agreed timescales, after inspection setting out the ‘independent person’s’ opinion (with evidence) on safeguarding of children and how the conduct of the home promotes their well being.
- Complete the regulation 44 reports in a format agreed with the Quality and Compliance Manager.
- Ensure copies of reports are provided to the relevant authorities within specified
- To maintain own professional competence and continual professional development.
Learn more about us and apply for our vacancies www.horizoncare.co.uk
Closing Date 25th January 2018