We are currently recruiting for 3 Head Teachers for our schools:
Great Howarth in Rochdale for September 2019
Woodbury in Wolverhampton for June 2019
Trinity School in Leicester to being September 2019
Start dates could be earlier by agreement.
Full time positions with a competitive salary
At Horizon, we live up to our values, and we value our people. We are proud to be one of the most innovative providers of young people’s residential care and education in the UK.
Our success means that we are opening new residential homes and schools and making a difference for young people in a variety of new areas as well as continuing to support young people in our established services.
Our staff come from all backgrounds and often have experience and skills gained in a variety of different roles and environments.
Horizon’s approach focuses on positive behavior change and successful behavior management, all underpinned by outcome-based measurement delivered by professionally supported staff trained to understand the psychological reasons for a young person’s behavior and implement life changing interventions.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our successful school portfolio and we are looking for an experienced, motivational and inspiring leader to take over the leadership of the current school staff and pupils and lead the development of the school.
There is an emerging staff team, with huge potential, and there is a key requirement to lead and inspire, whilst recognising individual skills.
There will be a supported transition for the successful candidate for the first term.
- Hold or willing to achieve national Professional Qualification for Headship
- Have proven leadership qualities with knowledge and experience in relevant context.
- Have up to date safeguarding and child protection qualifications/knowledge and experience.
- Have the energy, passion and thrive to raise educations standards and achieve the best for all pupils, staff and stakeholders.
- Be able to work with and understand the needs of multiple stake holders.
- Have the initiative, vision, excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have up to date knowledge and understanding of developments in the National Curriculum at Key stages 2, 3 and 4, both in a teaching and leadership context.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the Independent School Standards and to Ofsted requirements of the sector.
- Ability to develop an innovative curriculum.
Closing Date 25th January 2019 with interviews being held in February 2019‹ back